Friday, September 19, 2008

Work in Progress

So, posting full concert reviews after they are completed does not seem to be working for me. Admittedly my free time is being taken up by some other interesting pursuits more than before, but I still hoped to keep up with a bare bones accounting of the shows I see.

The desire to create and maintain this blog is still there, but the follow-through is very sad. Laziness may be to blame. I also find it intimidating to present a finished piece of writing, and daunting to finish an article or entry. I'm still attending one or more concerts each month, and I have lots of notes from them, but haven't had the discipline to sit down and polish them up.

The solution as it occurs to me today: push myself to make an entry after each show, no matter how cryptic or unfinished it is. I can come back and edit it later.

First up, Against Me! from September 15. Then if I have the impetus, I'll plug in some more past shows and the scraps of notes and setlists I have from them.

No comments: